Sunday, May 3, 2009

Get your tickets!

After you have decided where you are going to go and why, obviously you have to figure out how to get there.  I know we all know this, but one of my best suggestions for finding the best possible airfare is a website called www.kayak.com.  Kayak.com is not a ticket purchasing website like Orbitz or Expedia, what it does is makes your searching simpler.  

Kayak searches almost every website where you could possibly go to get a ticket.  It searches all the airline sites and then also searches sites like Orbitz and Expedia, so you only have to go to one website to find the best possible price on the internet.  You can search round-trip and one-way tickets and even tickets for multiple destinations.  You can check out ticket price trends so you can figure out when the best possible time to purchase you ticket is.  They even have a cool calendar feature that shows you the best previously found fares for your destination within the month so that if you have flexible dates you can find the best possible prices.  You can even search weekend flights.  Then once you find the flight you want, they link you straight to the site where they found it so you can make your purchase.  If you sign-up for their service, they can even monitor flight prices for you.

Every time I go anywhere I go to Kayak.com first.  Any time any of my friends or family mention their plans to travel I check out the site.  Any time someone asks me where the best flight prices are, I just say "check kayak" and it will tell you.  It is by FAR the easiest, most comprehensive site for flights that I have found.  Even the ads on their site have helped me find the best possible flights.  It should be your first stop whenever you want to fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment